Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 15.6-Inch Discounts

Satyavrat Joshi "Satya" (SFO, CA) :
I have used two Toshiba laptops, this one and another Satellite model before this. Both of them have serious problem with Wi-fi connectivity. I simply didn't realize it until I bought a Dell laptop for my mom. Both Toshiba laptops would disconnect from Wi-fi after sometime, especially if I was downloading big files, I had to reset the router each time. I kept blaming Comcast first, I even called them and complained. Then I started blaming the router. Only after I bought Dell's laptop which stayed connected from all rooms despite the file sizes etc did I realize that the real problem was with the laptop. I even checked the Wi-fi settings to see if my settings were the problem. But they were not.
I kid you not. These laptops really do have serious Wi-fi connectivity problem and don't stay connected unless you are sitting next to the router. I rarely write reviews etc. But I wanted to make an exception in this case. I am simply fedup.

Ellee27 (Charlotte, NC) :
So far, I am very happy with this machine. It is sleek and attractive, and seems solidly constructed. That is, there are no assembly issues as another reviewer experienced. I got it replace an HP, which suffered a massive hard drive failure. The Toshiba powers up very quickly and the display is gorgeous--it is usually connected to a Samsung SyncMaster. The keyboard and touchpad are well designed and easy to use, although I usually connect a trackball and regular keyboard. I'm not a big fan of Win8 with its lack of privacy, optimization for touch screens, and the unnecessary (for me) Start Screen. To work around some of these not-so-charming new features and to have a more palatable user interface, I installed Classic Shell. (See [...] or sourceforge.net; you can also find reviews in PCWorld.) Regardless, I'm still trying to get used to Win8 (with its heavy reliance on the Cloud, where all the games now live) and I may yet go through the hassle of installing Win7.

Donald James "donjames150" (Moncure, NC, USA) :
We're Windows7 users, so Win8 takes a bit getting used to, but so far, it seems
to be a fine machine. Lots of muscle, good display. I like the mousepad, it had
a good feel to it. We bought it for video editing, I have no doubt it will be up to
the job.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét